Yoga Nidra is also known as Yogic Sleep; t’s a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, like the “going-to-sleep” stage.
45 minutes can feel like 3 hours of sleep and Yoga Nidra promotes deep rest & relaxation, can alleviate insomnia, calms the nervous system and leads to improved sleep and better health. It is also shown to be beneficial in the treatment of ME/CFS, PTSD, anxiety and depression.
How it works:
- Provide a quiet space, such as a meeting room, and please bear in mind you typically need
- 21sq feet per yogi (based on a standard sized 2 x 6 ft yoga mat.)
- Length of session: 45 minutes
- It is recommended that you bring your mats, blankets or something to lie on and cover yourself with.
- Capacity: 30 people
- Not suitable for pregnant women.